SUPERWOMAN AKA ALLI

Alli is my name, Super Woman is my calling. Or at least my father in law seems to think so. I am a wife of 6 years, mother of two wild and crazy boys, full time college student, maid, cook, etc. I'm not perfect by any means, but I think everybody has got a few tricks up their sleeves to help keep their sanity in the busy world of today. I hope you enjoy this fun (hopefully) blog of my tricks and trades of motherhood and ideas to keep your sanity! Leave a comment, tell me your ideas, I am always open!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

1200 Calories? No biggie?

Starting this new diet/exercise regiment is harder than I thought it would be, but not for the reason that I thought would be difficult!

Does that even make sense?

I am able to calculate all of my carbs/fiber/sugar/calories easily with the help of my handy dandy "Complete Food Counter" I got from Barnes & Noble. And I'm able to jot it all down in my food/exercise journal along with my exercise stuff and how many calories I burn and all that jazz.

That's not the hard part.

I am supposed to be at at least 1200 calories each day. No less than 1200 calories. I never thought that it would be hard to reach that, but geez!

The past two days (since that's the time I've spent on this diet) I haven't hit 1200 calories. I got close yesterday. Here's what I had...

Breakfast:
2 scrambled eggs (199 cal., 2 carbs, 0 fiber) = 0.4 tsp sugar
1/2 C. strawberries (23 cal., 5.5 carbs, 1.5 fiber) = 0.8 tsp sugar
Bottled water

Lunch at Olive Garden (I was a little worried about this, but thanks to their online site, they give all nutrition facts and serving sizes for every meal!)
Soup: Zuppa Toscana (170 cal., 24 carbs, 2 fiber) = 4.4 tsp sugar
Chicken Spledini (460 cal., 26 carbs, 7 fiber) = 3.8 tsp sugar
4 glasses of water (I was really thirsty I guess)

I at lunch so late that I didn't really eat dinner, but I had a light snack around 8 pm, plus a couple snacks throughout the day which add up to:

3 cheese sticks (240 cal., 3 carb, 0 fiber) = 0.6 tsp. sugar
40 pretzel sticks (90 cal., 20 carb, 1 fiber) = 3.8 tsp sugar

So putting it all together for the day:
Calories: 1182
Carb: 80.5
Fiber: 11.5
Tsp Sugar: 13.8

So remember how I am figuring out my sugar intake?

Carbs - Fiber= answer divided by 5

That will give me the number of tsp of sugar I am taking in.
And I need to have between 10-14 per day.

I know I was close on the calories yesterday, but man is it hard! Plus I went to the gym for the first time in...well...a long time, let's just say that, a long time! And I burned more calories there.

Needless to say, I am feeling great but frustrated about hitting 1200 calories. I have tons of energy and am really excited about the changes to come. I'm sure after I get the hang of things it will be easier to figure out things and I wont have to harp over every meal of the day, but until then, I am carrying my little book and journal with me everywhere I go.

1 comment:

  1. I'd say u could probably handle a larger bfast n mid morning snack...u need to get ur calories up because of what ur body naturally needs to burn to function properly otherwise after awhile ur body is going to maintain what it can to live off of meaning...no more good weight loss but muscle so I'd say get some more snack ideas from ur aunt n shake things up a bit :)

    ReplyDelete