SUPERWOMAN AKA ALLI

Alli is my name, Super Woman is my calling. Or at least my father in law seems to think so. I am a wife of 6 years, mother of two wild and crazy boys, full time college student, maid, cook, etc. I'm not perfect by any means, but I think everybody has got a few tricks up their sleeves to help keep their sanity in the busy world of today. I hope you enjoy this fun (hopefully) blog of my tricks and trades of motherhood and ideas to keep your sanity! Leave a comment, tell me your ideas, I am always open!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Deals and Steals!

So first things first...
The diet is going well. Still a challenge to hit 1200 calories every day but I am managing. I was able to lose 3 pounds last week! Wahoo! This puts me right on schedule to lose 30 lbs by August! As long as I keep up with losing 2-3 lbs a week, I will hit my goal and be healthier too!

Now onto the Deals!

I am sure most of you have seen TLC's "Extreme Couponing". If you haven't then you should! It's totally addicting and I get a rush off of just watching them save hundred's of dollars every shopping trip! Not that I am even going to be close to that level, the people featured on that show seem to be like professional hoarders to me. Clearing the shelves every time and buying upwards of 40 of the same item at a time. Why would you ever need 200 deodorant sticks?

Anyway, for my first trip I was pretty excited! Here's how it went...
First stop Walgreens.
I was able to buy 2 Suave naturals body lotion
2 Vaseline men's extra strength body lotion

Walgreen's had a sale for these 4 for $12.00, with a $4.00 register rewards. I also combined 2 $1/1 Suave body lotion manufacture coupons and 2 $1/1 Vaseline products to make the total to $8 with $4.00 register rewards! I was pretty psyched about this, but what came next was even better!

Second stop: Fred Meyer

I bought: 5 Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
2 Suave Shampoos
2 Suave Conditioners

For the BBQ sauce I combined 3 coupons. One Fred Meyer coupon for 5 BBQ sauces for $5. Then I had a $1/3 manufacture coupon. Then I used my register rewards that I had just earned at Walgreens and put it towards my purchase at Fred Meyer.

Making all the BBQ sauces completely FREE!

For the Suave products, I had a Fred Meyer coupon for them each at .79 cents, then I had 2 manufacture coupons for .50/2 suave shampoo or conditioner products.

Total including tax (coupons don't deduct tax) for Fred Meyer was $2.65!
Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment