SUPERWOMAN AKA ALLI

Alli is my name, Super Woman is my calling. Or at least my father in law seems to think so. I am a wife of 6 years, mother of two wild and crazy boys, full time college student, maid, cook, etc. I'm not perfect by any means, but I think everybody has got a few tricks up their sleeves to help keep their sanity in the busy world of today. I hope you enjoy this fun (hopefully) blog of my tricks and trades of motherhood and ideas to keep your sanity! Leave a comment, tell me your ideas, I am always open!

Friday, February 11, 2011

Feeling Prepared...

My husband's family has always been big on food storage, so we are a little to late getting on the band wagon. But better late than never! In the fall I started canning applesauce which got me in survival mode I guess you could say.
I know it's just a start, but I am feeling really great about it. I've got at least 10 of each veggie we usually use. Peas, Corn, and Green Beans. Then I "stocked" up on Chicken Stock too.

As you can see I've got my applesauce there, putting it all up made me want some! Then I've got an extra 6 bags of assorted cereal. Brown sugar, tomato soup (12), ranch, ketchup, spaghetti sauce, ziploc bags, and my hubby's favorite kind of pop tarts :)

We also have tubs full of flour, white rice, whole oats, and sugar (although as you can see we need to refill that one soon).

I love feeling prepared. I guess it makes me feel at ease. This coming fall I plan on doing A LOT more canning. Here is my wish list I hope to accomplish:

Canned Peaches
Canned Applesauce (again)
Canned Salsa
Canned Spaghetti Sauce
Canned Stewed Tomatoes

If anybody has any good canning tips let me know! I am all ears for this kind of stuff, well all ears for anything really! Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment