SUPERWOMAN AKA ALLI

Alli is my name, Super Woman is my calling. Or at least my father in law seems to think so. I am a wife of 6 years, mother of two wild and crazy boys, full time college student, maid, cook, etc. I'm not perfect by any means, but I think everybody has got a few tricks up their sleeves to help keep their sanity in the busy world of today. I hope you enjoy this fun (hopefully) blog of my tricks and trades of motherhood and ideas to keep your sanity! Leave a comment, tell me your ideas, I am always open!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Getting my groove back...

I'm sure by now most kids around the country have started to go back to school for their second half of the school year. Adam started back this past Monday and I have had the luxury of being able to stay home for the week, as I don't go back to school until the 10th. But as school approaches I am glad for one thing. No not homework silly! A routine. I think, no, I know that having a schedule keeps me more organized, and I think keeps me sane most of the year. (I know I said most!)

Getting back into the groove of things is what is exciting for me. I know what to expect, and I have an order of getting things done. Some may call this OCD, I call it, Super Mom Organizing!

I am a list person, I make a list for almost everything. The most important is the stuff that I know will take up a lot of time, because lets face it, being a wife, mom, student/employee, chef, housekeeper...it doesn't leave a lot of time to wiggle...yet I still seem to find places that I jiggle :(

I make lists for 3 weeks of menu planning at a time, then I cook 5 days worth of food on Sunday, then zip loc it up, or freeze it so I don't have to worry about cooking during the week when I am in school.

Menu planning is tough on it's own, but I also try to only go grocery shopping every 3-4 weeks. Don't get me wrong, it is a whopper of a shopping trip, but this way it gives me more time at home, and less time worrying about what to eat for dinner and such. Hope this little insight helps somebody, it has helped me for sure, I got the tip from a neighbor! Plus it saves on groceries too!

Happy Listing!

No comments:

Post a Comment