SUPERWOMAN AKA ALLI

Alli is my name, Super Woman is my calling. Or at least my father in law seems to think so. I am a wife of 6 years, mother of two wild and crazy boys, full time college student, maid, cook, etc. I'm not perfect by any means, but I think everybody has got a few tricks up their sleeves to help keep their sanity in the busy world of today. I hope you enjoy this fun (hopefully) blog of my tricks and trades of motherhood and ideas to keep your sanity! Leave a comment, tell me your ideas, I am always open!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, New Blog, New Goals

I had a crazy dream last night that I needed to start a new blog. Maybe it is the New Year feeling in the air that pushed me to do this but I am going to enjoy it so I hope you all are too. Every year at this time I get in front of my computer and make a list of goals (50) that I want to accomplish through the next year. Goals for myself, my family, my wallet... I review if often through the year and cross things off as I go. It's a great way to organize my thoughts and put down our family goals in writing. Here are the goals from 2010, the black are the ones that were accomplished. Then I just roll the goals unfinished onto the next year, unless they have changed in some way.
2010 GOALS

1. Get Wyatt Potty trained

2. Pass the Praxis 1 test

3. Take 10 credits over the summer

4. Get a 3.5 or better every semester

5. Get Sprinklers in.

6. Get a lawn in.

7. Finish the room under the kitchen.

8. Paint the kitchen/living room.

9. Take a vacation just me and Ben

10. Start Adam in Kindergarten (YIKES!)

11. Get Adam bunk beds

12. Get Wyatt into a toddler bed

13. Teach Adam to shower without help

14. Get Adam in swim lessons

15. Make the denim family blanket

16. Make love to Ben 3+ times per week (sorry if TMI, it varied :)

17. Have more family pictures.

18. Get new couches!

19. Make at least 2 extra house payments

20. Pay off the credit card.

21. Get the carpets cleaned

22. Get our Melaluca business going.

23. Quit my job!

24. Take a cooking class!

25. Learn to make Fried Chicken

26. Have a big 4th of July bar B Q

27. Host a fondue party

28. Do a family scrapbook

29. Get curtain rods for the living room and master bedroom

30. Get blinds for the boys rooms

31. Do a wedding album

32. Do a wedding scrapbook

33. Plan a surprise party for Ben’s birthday!

34. Get Ben a new wedding band.

35. Teach Adam to ride his bike w/o training wheels.

36. Teach Wyatt to ride the smaller red bike.

37. Teach Adam to read (ALMOST THERE!)

38. Get Adam on a summer t-ball team

39. Send out Christmas cards

40. Get concrete poured on the side of the house

41. Annual Cabin trip!

42. Get everybody to the Dentist!

43. Dress up for Halloween with the boys

44. Read a really good book!

45. Join the gym

46. Lose 30 pounds

47. Start donating plasma again

48. Send baby clothes to Landyn

49. Invite Kade and Remi to stay for a weekend.

50. Keep our family safe, happy and healthy!

23/50 doesn't seem like a lot, but 50 goals is tough to accomplish. Try this with your family and see how it goes. I think having some sort of plan or outline helps even the most scatterbrained and unorganized people accomplish a lot!

2 comments:

  1. My favorite goal is the making love goal! The fact that it's not black makes me laugh! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, I didn't really keep track so I didn't feel like I could make it black. But averaged I was probably ok, hehe. Miss you too!

    ReplyDelete